Migrate from AEC to Membership Pro
AEC was a popular Membership extension for Joomla. For some reasons, the author of that extension discountinued the development, shut-down his website, so I decided to develop a migration script to allow migrating data from AEC to Membership Pro. The following data will be migrated:
Further more, if you use recurring subscription in AEC, these recurring subscriptions will still work well in Membership Pro (when PayPal notify AEC about the recurring payment, there will be a plugin routing this notification into Membership Pro and Membership Pro will extend the related recurring subscription)
If you want to migrate from AEC into Membership Pro, please follow the instructions below:
- Go to Extensions -> Manager, install this component com_aec2membershippro.zip. You can get it here com_aec2membershippro.zip
- Now, access to Components -> AEC to Membership Pro migrator to perform the migration:
- If you want to delete existing membership pro data (categories, plans, subscriptions) to perform the migration from scratch, click on CLEAR EXISTING DATA button.
- Then click on Start the migration button. The migrator component will perform the migration, wait until the process completed.
- Check the subscription plans in Membership Pro again, make sure it is all correct
- If your AEC setup has recurring subscriptions, you need to do the additional steps below:
- Go to Extensions -> Manager, install and publish this plugin plug_system_aec2osmembership.zip, you can get the plugin here plug_system_aec2osmembership.zip
- Go to Membership Pro -> Payment Plugins, install this modified os_paypal payment plugin os_osm_paypal.zip, you can get the plugin here os_osm_paypal.zip
Congratulations! You are done. All the important data in AEC was successfully migrated to Membership Pro and you can now turn disable AEC extension on your Joomla site.